The Parent Voice: Connecting for the Future
Did you know that the BCCPAC Spring Conference is not just for members but is open to all parents and others in the community?
Friday April 29 and Sunday May 1, 2011 BCCPAC will host its annual Spring Conference at the Hilton Airport Hotel in Richmond, BC. The Parent Voice: Connecting for the Future is a great opportunity for learning and networking.
BCCPAC is offering a varied program of interest. Below find some of the session highlights:
Friday April 29
· A Canada that Works for All Generations with Dr. Paul Kershaw
· Personalized Learning in BC Public Schools with Jeff Hopkins, School District 64 – are you wondering what the new Personalized Learning the BC Ministry of Education is developing? This is the workshop for you.
· Ethics & Parenting with Wendy Lee – based on the work of Rushworth Kidder and his new book – Good Kids, Touch Choices: How Parents Can Help Their Children Do the Right Thing.
Sunday May 1
· Managing Conflict with Your Child’s Brain in Mind with Raj Dhasi – This session focuses on conflict management strategies and skills that take into consideration the development of a child’s brain. A must for any parent.
· Honourable George Abbott, Minister of Education – come hear the Minister of Education speak to parents and answer questions on issues and concerns.
· Emergency Preparedness with Bernadette Woit – is your home and school prepared? Make sure your parents and school staff know what they need to do!
For more information and to register click
BC Confederation of Parent Advisory Councils
Suite 350, 5172 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 2E8
(P) 604-687-4433 w Toll Free 1-866-529-4397 w (F) 604-687-4488